EXTENDO 1258XReturn to Extendo
Powered by a 117-horsepower Cummins QSF3.8 Tier 4 Final diesel engine with DEF and SCR aftertreatment. Side pod mounting offers easy service access while allowing excellent curbside visibility and ground clearance.
Drivetrain & Axles
Drivetrain and axles have been optimized to provide greater tractive effort with minimal tradeoff on top end speed.
- Dana 223 Series high steer axles provide excellent tractive effort.
- Tight steer angle capability provides efficient turning radius.
- Dana VDT12000 Powershift transmission offers 3 speeds, forward and reverse.
- Full time 4-wheel-drive with limited-slip front axle differential.
The 4-section boom features formed boom plates that offer greater strength with less weight.
- Boom deflection minimized for better control and accuracy placing loads.
- Boom overlap nearly doubled to provide smoother operation and reduce contact forces on wear pads.
- Fastener-less wear pads simplify service.
- Bottom-mounted external extend cylinder significantly reduces load on wear pads; cylinder location also provides better service access to internal boom components.
- Compression tilt design allows for a smaller bore cylinder with same tilt force.
- Heavy-duty extension chains help ensure stable boom functions and longevity.
Capacity & Reach
The 1258X has a capable 12,000-pound load capacity rating. It achieves forward reach up to 42 feet and a maximum lift height of 58 feet, 6 inches.
Axle-mounted outriggers come standard on the 1258X.
- Machine chassis will sway independent of the outrigger system.
- Outriggers positioned to provide clear visibility out to the fork tips.
The Extendo's hydraulic circuit delivers exceptional controllability, efficiency and cycle speeds.
- Cylinder cushioning dampens the end of strokes – both extending and retracting – to prevent hard, jarring stops and avoid both wear-and-tear and potential load spills.
- Single lift cylinder provides operator with clear sight lines.
- Twin lines for tilt and auxiliary plumbing.
Damage-resistant, all-steel fuel and hydraulic tanks. Fuel tank provides ample fuel volume for a full day's work at 100% load.
The operator cab includes ergonomic seat, pedal, joystick and steering wheel positions. Available as an open canopy or enclosed cab, it features an all-steel interior with water-resistant components for easy washdown.
- New analog/LCD gauge cluster.
- Enhanced climate control system.
- Split door design allows upper half to lock in the open position.
- Flat, bolt-in glass can easily be removed or replaced.
- Openable rear window improves air flow while keeping cab dry.
- Lockable storage area under seat for manual, gloves and tools.
- Split-system electrical panels allow for easier service of individual circuits.
- Heavy-duty bright LED lighting.
- Weather-sealed connections.
- USB accessory plug in cab.
- 12-volt accessory plug in engine bay.
- Easy access to all filters and fluid level indicators.
- Lockable fuel-fill in clean, accessible location.
- Inside of boom easily accessible for service.
- Non-tensioned boom hoses offer long service life.
|Overall Height||9' (274 cm) boom down|
|Fork Carriage||48" (122 cm) standard|
|Ground Clearance||19" (48 cm)|
|Overall Length||22' 11" (699 cm) to fork frame|
|Overall Width||8' 6" (259 cm)|
|Pallet Forks||2.25 x 4 x 48" standard|
|Approximate Operating Weight||32,250 lbs (14,628 kg) with outriggers|
|Model/Power||117 HP (87 kW) Cummins QSF3.8 Tier 4 turbo diesel with DEF and SCR aftertreatment|
|DEF Tank||5 gal. (19 L)|
|Fuel Tank||30 gal. (114 L)|
|System||Pressure comp, axial piston pump|
|Features||Fully proportional functions
Auxiliary boom tip hydraulics
Quick disconnect for attachments
|Controls||Single joystick, pilot operated|
|Max Load Capacity||12,000 lbs (5,443 kg)|
|Maximum Lift Height||58' 6" (1,783 cm)|
|Landing Height||55' (1,676 cm)|
|Maximum Forward Reach||42' (1,280 cm) at 24" LC|
|Below Grade Reach||3' 2" (97 cm)|
|Maximum Travel Speed||15.2 mph (24.5 km/h)|
|Turning Radius||14' 4" (437 cm)|
|Drawbar Pull (GVW)||31,600 lbs (14,334 kg)|
|Frame||24° of leveling (12° right and left)
Rear axle stabilization system
|Transmission||Dana VDT12000 Series, 3-speed Powershift, forward & reverse|
|Axles||Dana 223 Series: 4-wheel drive, 45% limited slip front differential|
|Steering||4 wheel, 2 wheel, and crab steer|
|Brakes||Oil-immersed inboard disc service brakes, integral front SAHR park brake|
|Tires||14.00 x 24, 16 ply, G2 tread air-fill standard|
|Boom||4-section, slide pad
Automatic fork leveling without slave cylinder
The 1258X can be equipped with a variety of attachments, including pallet, lumber or block forks, truss boom, utility bucket, standard carriage, side tilt carriage (+/- 10°), or side-swing carriage (+/- 60°). Optional 10-foot tower with standard carriage provides 10 extra feet of lift height.
Premium Gauge Cluster
Premium gauge cluster upgrade includes a 7-inch digital display.
Rear-view camera system is included with the digital display, or available as an add-on to standard gauges.
Sling hook available for additional securing of load
Electrical to Boom Tip
Electrical to boom tip (second hydraulic circuit, lighting, camera)
Bolt-on rear pintle hitch for towing
High output LED lighting package (roading lights, turn signals, boom work light, amber beacon, dome)
Enclosed cab with heater, wiper, defroster (A/C available)