Mecalac 8MCR RRReturn to Rail Solutions
The Mecalac 8MCR Rail-Road provides the perfect fusion of a loader with total rotation and a compact crawler excavator, giving it exceptional performance for service work and railway maintenance.
The machine's 3-piece boom with integrated offset for unmatched compactness and versatility. Patented boom kinematics allow the unit to work in minimal proximity of the machine.
Patented boom design gives the machine extraordinary weight distribution. A tracked chassis further contributes to stability.
The 8MCR Rail-Road offers numerous on-track advantages:
- 2 railway bogies with 4 self-propelled wheels
- 2 indpendent hydraulic pumps for traveling and working
- Independent control of railway bogies for comfortable re- or de-railing
- Hydrostatic transmission with closed circuit and automotive control
- Hydraulic performance and precision by a load sensing system combined with flow sharing
The machine design provides the operator with natural 360-degree visibility. There is no counterweight in the rear field of vision.
Has the ability to use hydraulic attachments usually used by larger size machines, such as a railway clamshell, ballast tamping head, and mechanical or hydraulic sleeper layer.
|Maximum Reach||22' (670 cm)|
|Maximum Digging Depth||11' 10" (360 cm)|
|Total Operating Weight||19,842 lbs (9,000 kg)|
|Model/Power||75 HP (55 kW) Deutz Tier 4i|
|Fuel Tank||19 gal. (73 L)|
|Max Load Capacity||6,614 lbs (3,000 kg) at 2.5 m
3,307 lbs (1,500 kg) at 4.5 m straight
2,205 lbs (1,000 kg) at 4.5 m in full rotation
|Maximum Travel Speed||14.3 mph (23 km/h) - on rail
6.2 mph (10 km/h) - on tires