EXTENDO 944XReturn to Extendo
The 74-horsepower Cummins QSF3.8 Tier 4 Final diesel engine features a DOC muffler and requires no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). Side pod mounting offers easy service access while allowing excellent curbside visibility and ground clearance.
Drivetrain & Axles
Drivetrain and axles have been optimized to provide greater tractive effort with minimal tradeoff on top end speed.
- Dana 212 Series high steer axles provide excellent tractive effort.
- Tight steer angle capability provides efficient turning radius.
- Dana VDT12000 Powershift transmission offers 3 speeds, forward and reverse.
- Full time 4-wheel-drive with limited-slip front axle differential.
Newly designed boom with formed boom plates offers greater strength with less weight.
- Boom deflection minimized for better control and accuracy placing loads.
- Boom overlap nearly doubled to provide smoother operation and reduce contact forces on wear pads.
- Fastener-less wear pads simplify service.
- Bottom-mounted external extend cylinder significantly reduces load on wear pads; cylinder location also provides better service access to internal boom components.
- Compression tilt design allows for a smaller bore cylinder with same tilt force.
- Single extension chain eliminates the need to balance dual chains.
Capacity & Reach
The 944X has a capable 9,000-pound load capacity rating. It achieves forward reach up to 30 feet and a maximum lift height of 44 feet, 6 inches.
The Extendo's hydraulic circuit delivers exceptional controllability, efficiency and cycle speeds.
- Cylinder cushioning dampens the end of strokes – both extending and retracting – to prevent hard, jarring stops and avoid both wear-and-tear and potential load spills.
- Single lift cylinder provides operator with clear sight lines.
- Twin lines for tilt and auxiliary plumbing.
Damage-resistant, all-steel fuel and hydraulic tanks. Fuel tank provides ample fuel volume for a full day's work at 100% load.
The operator cab includes ergonomic seat, pedal, joystick and steering wheel positions. Available as an open canopy or enclosed cab, it features an all-steel interior with water-resistant components for easy washdown.
- New analog/LCD gauge cluster.
- Enhanced climate control system.
- Split door design allows upper half to lock in the open position.
- Flat, bolt-in glass can easily be removed or replaced.
- Openable rear window improves air flow while keeping cab dry.
- Lockable storage area under seat for manual, gloves and tools.
- Split-system electrical panels allow for easier service of individual circuits.
- Heavy-duty bright LED lighting.
- Weather-sealed connections.
- USB accessory plug in cab.
- 12-volt accessory plug in engine bay.
- Easy access to all filters and fluid level indicators.
- Lockable fuel-fill in clean, accessible location.
- Inside of boom easily accessible for service.
- Non-tensioned boom hoses offer long service life.
|Overall Height||8' 3" (243 cm) boom down|
|Fork Carriage||48" (122 cm) standard|
|Ground Clearance||18" (46 cm)|
|Overall Length||22' (671 cm) to fork frame|
|Overall Width||8' 6" (259 cm)|
|Pallet Forks||2.25 x 4 x 48" standard|
|Approximate Operating Weight||22,000 lbs (9,979 kg)|
|Model/Power||74 HP (55 kW) Cummins QSF3.8 Tier 4 turbo diesel with DOC muffler|
|Fuel Tank||30 gal. (114 L)|
|System||Pressure comp, axial piston pump|
|Features||Fully proportional functions
Auxiliary boom tip hydraulics
Quick disconnect for attachments
|Controls||Single joystick, pilot operated|
|Max Load Capacity||9,000 lbs (4,082 kg)|
|Maximum Lift Height||44' 6" (1,356 cm)|
|Landing Height||41' (1,250 cm)|
|Maximum Forward Reach||30' (915 cm) at 24" LC|
|Below Grade Reach||3' (92 cm)|
|Maximum Travel Speed||15.2 mph (24.5 km/h)|
|Turning Radius||14' 1" (429 cm)|
|Drawbar Pull (GVW)||21,700 lbs. (9,843 kg)|
|Frame||24° of leveling (12° right and left)
Rear axle stabilization system
|Transmission||Dana VDT12000 Series, 3-speed Powershift, forward & reverse|
|Axles||Dana 212 Series: 4-wheel drive, 45% limited slip front differential|
|Steering||4 wheel, 2 wheel, and crab steer|
|Brakes||Oil-immersed inboard disc service brakes, integral front SAHR park brake|
|Tires||13.00 x 24, 16 ply, G2 tread air-fill standard|
|Boom||3-section, slide pad
Automatic fork leveling without slave cylinder
The 944X can be equipped with a variety of attachments, including pallet, lumber or block forks, truss boom, utility bucket, standard carriage, side tilt carriage (+/- 10°), or side-swing carriage (+/- 60°).
Premium Gauge Cluster
Premium gauge cluster upgrade includes a 7-inch digital display.
Rear-view camera system is included with the digital display, or available as an add-on to standard gauges.
117 HP (87 kW) Cummins QSF3.8 Tier 4 turbo diesel with DEF and SCR aftertreatment
Sling hook available for additional securing of load
Electrical to Boom Tip
Electrical to boom tip (second hydraulic circuit, lighting, camera)
Bolt-on rear pintle hitch for towing
Four axle mounted fenders
High output LED lighting package (roading lights, turn signals, boom work light, amber beacon, dome)
Enclosed cab with heater, wiper, defroster (A/C available)
Air-filled, foam-filled, solid; Various tire tread options available